Route 7 Corridor Assessment and Implementation Plan
This study will develop a phased implementation improvement plan for the Route 7 corridor from the vicinity of Route 7 Expressway and Route 123 (Norwalk) to Route 7 and Wolfpit Road (Wilton). This project is being undertaken because the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) determined in 2009 that funding for two longstanding priority projects is not available. This study will address multi-modal operational and safety needs in the corridor that are not currently being pursued in any active planning, design or funded programs.
Implementable improvement opportunities will be developed and positioned as near and mid-term or future long term and larger scale efforts. To that end, the study will accomplish the following:
- comprehensive review and synthesis of available information from local, state and regional transportation sources, including transportation, land use and environmental plans, data and forecasts;
- identification of needs and opportunities for multimodal safety and operational improvements;
- recommended improvement concepts and alternatives as well as cost estimates
- project selection criteria and priority setting;
- identification of funding opportunities and a phase-financed implementation plan.
South Western Regional Planning Agency
Fitzgerald & Halliday
- Connecticut Department of Transportation
- City of Norwalk
- Town of Wilton
If you would like to be added to our Interested Parties List, please e-mail Sue Prosi at Prosi@swrpa.org
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact:
Senior Regional Transportation Coordinator
888 Washington Blvd
Stamford, CT 06901
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions about this site.