South Western Region Pavement Management System
This project will develop Pavement Management Systems (PMS) for towns which will fulfill the PMS requirements set forth in the FHWA Interim Final Rule on Pavement Management Systems dated December 1, 1993, and also in the Connecticut Department of Transportation (ConnDOT) December 1994 guidelines titled, "Final Report on pavement Management Systems for Federal-Aid Highways."
The South Western Region municipalities of Darien, Greenwich, Stamford, and Westport have agreed to cooperatively develop and evaluate PMS for the local roads that are included in the federal aid system.
The project will:
- Set up PMS for each of the four municipalities for the on-system local roads, and will include hardware, software, initial database and analysis, and training;
- Incorporate, if required, the existing Norwalk PMS data into the regional reporting format and system;
- Undertake basic data collection for other municipalities not participating in the project, if required;
- Provide reporting, documentation and training necessary to comply with federal and state PMS requirements;
- Assess PMS performance, ease of use and effectiveness for local and regional applications as well as federal/state requirements; and
- Enable the South Western Region and its municipalities to comply with Federal/State Requirements.
South Western Regional Planning Agency
Town of Darien
Town of Greenwich
City of Stamford
Town of Westport
If you have comments or would like additional information, please contact:
Senior Regional Transportation Coordinator
888 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
|The study products will include:
- Advisory Committee minutes
- Regional PMS data base
- Technical Memoranda
- Final Report
- Project Brochure
| There is no news at this time.